Indian Orchard Satellite UnitServing 165 youth annually
The Springfield Boys & Girls Club at Indian Orchard serves 165 youth annually. The programs operate Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. during the summer and Monday – Friday from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. during the school year. For many of these youth, the Springfield Boys & Girls Club Indian Orchard Unit is the only place they can go for both after school and summer programming. There is no question that service is needed in this neighborhood.
Operating out of Indian Orchard Elementary School on Milton Street, the Club’s Indian Orchard Unit specifically provides youth with homework assistance, recreational activities, substance abuse prevention, anti-violence, and activities promoting positive social skills, leadership, education and career opportunities year round. More specific activities include, but are not limited to:
- The youth participate in a minimum of 30 minutes dedicated to homework help Monday – Thursday.
- Younger members without homework participate in “story time” or educational games or activities during this time.
- Youth participate in a minimum of 30 minutes of organized group physical activity daily to promote general health and fitness as well as develop positive social skills, team work and leadership by working together as a group.
- Group discussions and question-and-answer periods on general health and personal hygiene.
- Weekly age-appropriate group discussions and question-and-answer periods on drug use prevention, violence, bullying, smoking, peer pressure, emotional well-being, tolerance of those who are different than us.
- Mentor-Mentee related activities as the current and past staff members serve as mentors to all youth.
Grades K – 12
Mon.- Fri. 3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Make payment online