donate a tree
Why Sponsor A Tree?
Be part of one of the area’s most exciting holiday happenings! The Festival of Trees is a family event featuring a unique display of beautifully decorated trees and fun for all ages. Join us by sponsoring a tree, which can be decorated reflecting your interests, your business, or a holiday theme. Take advantage of this opportunity to enhance your company’s visibility and image. The only cost to you is your donation of a tree, lights, and decorations. Our sponsors include individuals, families, civic and social organizations, hospitals, schools, and businesses. All tree donors will be recognized during our Virtual Opening Day video. As a supporter of the event, your organization will be featured on our social media pages.
donating a tree guidelines
- ARTIFICIAL TREES ONLY, RANGING FROM 4FT TO 8FT.
- Must have a tree skirt and lights.
- Do not glue anything onto the tree.
- Do not put anything perishable or edible onto the tree.
- Do not hang or connect objects to the walls or ceilings.
- Be mindful of heavy objects that you put on your tree.
- Display a list of wrapped items that will be included with your tree.
- Gift certificates: Place “ghost” certificates on the tree to insure against loss. Give certificates to the Club staff on the day of set-up so they may be secured.
- Tree sponsors will be asked to assemble their trees in a designated spot.
- All trees and ornament boxes should be marked with your name and brought to set-up. We will store these until the raffle.
- Bring supplies needed to set up your tree: scissors, tape, wire, etc. Please bring your own step-stool.
- All items on and around the tree will be given to the winner of your tree. Do not include any items you would like returned.
- The Springfield Boys & Girls Club will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items!
NEW IN 2020: Tree setup appointment must be made at signupgenius.com. Scheduling your tree setup appointment will be emailed after you register for your tree sponsorship.
Tree Set-Up: Protocol, Dates, Hours
“Lower Gym” Boys & Girls Club of Springfield, 481 Carew St. Springfield, MA 01104
Updated Tree Set-Up Dates:
- Monday –November 9th
- Tuesday – November 10th
- Thursday – November 12th
- Friday – November 13th
Tree Set-Up Time Slots*:
- 9:00 am – 10:30 am
- 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
- 1:00 pm – 2:30pm
- 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- Link to register for a set-up time/day will be sent in your confirmation email after you register as a tree sponsor*.
- Sponsors can arrive 10 minutes prior to time slot. Staff will be on site to help unload items, and ample parking is available.
- Only 3 people allowed per tree sponsor.
- Only 6 tree sponsors allowed to set-up trees during any time slot.
- All participants, including volunteers, must wear face-mask, be screened for temperatures and adhere to any social distancing guidelines.
- Social distancing will be applied during tree assembly. (No two trees will be assembled within 6 feet from one another).
- SET-UP CAPACITY: 25 people allowed within the building, this INCLUDES volunteers, staff and tree sponsors.