Make a difference in a young person’s life! Springfield Boys & Girls Club invites you to join the finest youth-serving organization in the City of Springfield.
Current Job Openings:
Lifeguard (see description below)
*Anyone interested in applying for these dynamic positions should send a resume to Vincent Borello, Executive Director at email@example.com
Please send your resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Springfield Boys & Girls Club, 481 Carew Street, Springfield, MA 01104, attn. Vincent Borello.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Springfield Boys & Girls Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The organization will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to, veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or any other protected group status as defined by law. Springfield Boys & Girls Club will also not discriminate against employees or applicants based on sexual orientation
He/She must be a certified Lifeguard with current First Aid and CPR Certifications
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supervise the pool area and club members at all times during swimming
- Make sure that all members are safe at all times
- Read the rules of the pool before each swim and enforce those rules
- Supervise the care and maintenance of the pool equipment and facilities
- Report any maintenance or equipment issues to the Facility Manager
- Make periodic reports on aquatic program activities and attendance
- Report all incidents or accidents requiring First-Aid immediately to the Program Director
- Maintain pool readings in the log
- Give full support and cooperation to the staff in helping to meet the needs and interests of all Club members
- Assist in the locker room while the youth are changing, if needed
- Make sure the pool area is clean and neat for the next day
- Hose down the deck daily
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Please evaluate and describe any physical skills, abilities or working conditions required to perform the essential duties of this position, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.